A breast reduction surgery is a highly individualised procedure. It is completely dependent on your pre-surgical circumstances and your personal goals. This procedure is not a one size fits all situation. So, to determine how your breasts might look after a breast reduction, there are a few determining factors to consider.
How does the plastic surgeon decide what size you should be?Before a qualified plastic surgeon decides on your post-operative breast shape and size, they will consider the following:
- What will improve posture
- Proportionality to your overall body shape
- Comfort – alleviate pre-surgery pain
- Whether you still prefer cleavage
- Achieve a good projection “perkiness”- if you might require a breast lift
- Scarring location