Abdominoplasty Melbourne (Tummy Tuck)
The abdominoplasty, (also referred to as full tummy tuck surgery), is a procedure which aims to help create a more pleasing shape and body contouring commonly after pregnancy or losing a significant amount of weight.
Common reasons why people consider having abdominoplasty
- After pregnancy or having lost a significant amount of weight.
- Desire to achieve a more pleasing shape including a defined waist.
- Fit into clothes of choice.
- Improve the shape of areas resistant to exercise and diet.
- Address lower back pain resulting from separation of abdominal muscles (Rectus Divarication).
- Hygiene of skin (Rashes, infections, skin breakdown).
What is involved with abdominoplasty surgery?
Recovery After Surgery
- Patients most commonly require a hospital stay of one – two nights.
- Generally you will feel a little uncomfortable for a few days.
- A gradual increase of mobility and activity (Often back to most normal day to day activities at two weeks).
- Most people allow three weeks off work; however, you may require additional time if your job is more physically demanding – this can be discussed with A/Prof White.
- Able to drive when feeling comfortable.
- No heavy lifting/exercise for six weeks e.g. avoid gym, aerobics, running.
- You may need to wear a compression garment during your recovery period.
- The recovery period may differ from patient to patient.
Post-Operative Care & Review
- A/Prof White and his team will care for you in hospital.
- Drain tubes are removed when the daily fluid reduces.
- A review appointment to take off the dressings, check your wounds and remove any sutures is generally undertaken one week after surgery.
- Subsequent review appointments are generally made for 6 weeks after surgery and then 3, 6 and 12 months later to assess the results of your surgery.
- If there are any concerns you will be seen more frequently.
Risks To Consider
No Surgery Is Risk Free
- YOUR SAFETY.
- Address symptoms.
- Improve appearance.
Body Surgery Resources
Are you looking to reshape your abdomen into a firmer, tighter overall contour? Do you find yourself with unwanted excess skin and fat – which