Breast Lift Melbourne - Mastopexy
Breast Lift Melbourne
Reshape your silhouette with a mastopexy
Breast lift surgery involves raising, tightening, and reshaping the breasts to regain a more youthful, firmer, and symmetrical appearance, and to improve self-confidence. This can also include reducing the areola size, elevating the nipple, and removing excess skin.
Having a breast lift can help to reverse the changes caused by weight gain or loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, skin irritations and infections, ageing, or genetic influences.
This surgery is not intended to change the size of the breasts. To achieve this, breast implants can be inserted through breast augmentation surgery in combination with, or instead of, a breast lift.
Common reasons why women consider having breast lift surgery
- After children or having lost a significant amount of weight the breasts may be particularly droopy or “empty”.
- To correct changes that have occurred due to the ageing process.
- Skin irritations such as rashes/fungal infections beneath the breasts.
- A desire to achieve a more pleasing shape with a balance between breasts and body.
What is involved with breast lift surgery?
Recovery After Surgery
- Patients most commonly require a hospital stay of 1-2 nights.
- The area will feel a little uncomfortable for a few days.
- Gradually increase mobility and activity; generally back to most normal day to day activities at two weeks.
- Most women allow approximately two – three weeks off work. However, you may require additional time if your job is more physically demanding. This can be discussed with A/Prof White.
- Able to drive when feel comfortable to do so.
- No heavy lifting or exercise for 6 weeks e.g. Avoid gym, aerobics, running.
Post Operative Care and Review
Post-operative visits with A/Prof White
- YOUR SAFETY.
- Address the individual issues you will have discussed with A/Prof White related to your decision to have this particular surgery.
- Achieve good projection (“perkiness”) of the breasts.
- Achieve good cleavage area.
- Minimise scars.
- Durable, long term pleasing shape.
No Surgery Is Risk Free
Risks To Consider
Frequently Asked Questions
The cost of breast lift surgery is different per patient and so for this reason, it’s best to organise a consultation with Associate Professor Dean White.
Before deciding to have breast lift surgery you should consider the following
Alternatives to surgery
- No surgery or delaying surgery.
- Using a professionally fitted and comfortable bra to enhance or improve your natural shape and appearance of your breasts.
- Liposuction – Rarely good for reduction and will make sagging worse as it doesn’t adequately address the ‘loose’ skin.