Body Lift Surgery Melbourne
Body Lift surgery is based on an Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck Melbourne) but extends all the way around the torso. It is a more comprehensive procedure which treats areas such as the abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, and upper/outer thighs. Surgery is performed by our Melbourne Plastic Surgeon, A/Prof Dean White.
Common reasons why people consider having a body lift
- After pregnancy or having lost a significant amount of weight.
- Desire to achieve a more pleasing shape including a defined contour.
- Fit into clothes of choice.
- Improve the shape of areas resistant to exercise and diet.
- Address lower back pain resulting from separation of abdominal muscles (Rectus Divarication).
- Hygiene of skin (Rashes, infections, skin breakdown).
What is involved with Bodylift surgery?
Recovery After Surgery
- Patients most commonly require a hospital stay of two – five nights.
- Generally you will feel a little uncomfortable for a few days.
- A gradual increase of mobility and activity; generally back to most normal day to day activities at two – three weeks.
- Most people allow three – four weeks off work; however, you may require additional time if your job is more physically demanding – this can be discussed with A/Prof White.
- Able to drive when feeling comfortable.
- No heavy lifting/exercise for six weeks e.g. avoid gym, aerobics, running.
- You may need to wear a compression garment during your recovery period.
- The recovery period may differ from patient to patient.
Post-Operative Care & Review
- A/Prof Dean White and his team will care for you in hospital.
- Drain tubes are removed when the daily fluid reduces.
- A review appointment to take off the dressings, check your wounds and remove any sutures is generally undertaken one week after surgery.
- Subsequent review appointments are generally made for 6 weeks after surgery and then 3, 6 and 12 months later to assess the results of your surgery.
- If there are any concerns you will be seen more frequently.
Risks To Consider
- YOUR SAFETY.
- Address symptoms.
- Improve appearance.
No Surgery Is Risk Free
Body Surgery Resources
Do you find yourself dreading summer as it rolls around? Do you try your best to avoid wearing sleeveless tops to cover up stubborn flabby